CS 395: Essay Topics
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, May 4, at
You can choose an essay topic in one of the following directions.
You can start with the paper(s) for class presentation as a possible
- Design/improvement of a specific information retrieval algorithm
This would involve the selection and/or generation of test data for
- Comparison/integration of existing information retrieval techniques
Analyze the differences between the different techniques, and provide
ideas for their integration.
- A case study of a web information exploration application
This would involve problem analysis, data cleaning, selection of the
right technique and software, conducting information retrieval and
reporting the results.
Examples of Topics
Please refer to the writing
guidelines for information about research writing in knowledge and
- Intelligent Informatics
- Active information fusion
- Web information diffusion
- Adaptive interest modeling and monitoring
- User identification on the Web
Please e-mail queries and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.